I gave my little cousin ,who’s in highschool, a call a few days back asking if she wanted to sleepover this weekend since I had zero plans of going out to save energy for the last three weeks I have in school. She told me that she can’t since her finals are coming up but she’s due for summer in about 5 days. It occurred to me that Miriam College’s schedule is probably very similar to most highschools out there so lucky you girls! Oh how I miss having a two month long summer. I can’t even believe this is officially my last summer since I’ll be out of school by June!!
Anyway, since summer is coming up for you girlies, here’s a few things you can do:
1. Take a class. on anything! Try to make your summer productive by learning something new. May it be cooking, a new dance, a weird hobby or a new instrument. It’s never too late! :)
2. Travel. Travelling doesn’t entail you to ride a plane to get somewhere. Travelling can just mean driving to a new city or taking the roro to a new island. It’s so easy and cheap to travel nowadays that all you need are a set of friends and a little bit of savings to do it!
3. Go home to your province. I am insanely jealous of people who have provinces to go home to! Spend time with your childhood friends, your relatives or take advantage of the places it has to offer. I swear we city people are jealous of the connivence your places have to offer!
5. Climb a mountain. It’s even easy to climb mountains nowadays! I’ve heard that the trail in Pico De Loro is the easiest.
6. Have a 24 hour movie marathon with your friends. For the non adventure seekers out there who are comfortable within the confines of the city, why not have a themed movie marathon where you just literally watch movies 24 hours straight? Or get creative and get a projector, put it own on your lawn/garage and have a picnic/drive in movie marathon.
7. Start a fashion blog. Why not?
8. Finish atleast 3 books. Grounded? no money to travel? this is the only way you can get to another country (or even world!) for free! Take advantage of it and let your imagination run wild.
9. Gym! Gym to get a new body, gym to get fit, gym to get healthy. Whichever reason you have, you can start this summer :) I’ll always recommend Elorde! (Makati, Taft and Aranaiz is where we go)
10. Spend as much time as you can with your family. This is especially for those girls who are off to college soon! I swear, you will be spending time with them but once you get to college, you’d just want to be with your friends more. Get to know them a little bit better this vacation :)
Goodluck with your exams!! :)