We took a very short 36 hour trip to Davao for the Kadayawan Festival with Smart and went here to Abreeza for lunch :) Verniece was fast asleep in the hotel so Ben and I decided to try a homegrown Japanese restaurant called Tsuru. We’ll tell you more about the trip in the coming days after all of the outfit posts we took there :)
Anyway, whenever I travel, I make sure to not overpack and just bring the right amount of clothes that I can mix and match. I’m not saying that I’m an expert at this since I still tend to under or overpack but I’ve learned a thing or two with the trips I had this year :) Ofcourse, I want to share them with you!
1. Bring basics you can pair easily without looking like you’re repeating outfits. This is why I love buying plain crisp polos like the one I’m wearing on top because it’s unchallenging to pair it with printed items again and again and not look silly on pictures.
2. Bring your favourite classic accessories. That way whatever outfit you put together, it goes well and it will compliment it. Pearls, gold or silver accessories are great choices.
3. Pack three kinds of bags: A big one that can fit ALL your essentials, an evening/night out bag and a small sling one that you can tote around during the day. Bring two basic colours (black, nude, white or brown) and another in a colour that compliments the colours of items that you brought.
4. Pack three kinds of shoes: Closed flats, sandals, statement shoes and basic coloured pumps.
5. Bring a cardigan, a blazer and a statement cover up with you just in case!
Top from Zara, Shorts from Bugis St., Singapore, Bag from Prada, Necklace from The Ramp Crossings, Sunglasses from TEES AND THINGS
Hope you learned a thing or two! :)