To tell you the truth, I’ve been kind of in a blogger’s rut lately where creative juices don’t flow randomly for me anymore. I guess it’s because I’ve been lacking inspiration which I hope my next few travels around and outside the country will solve :) I recently read Thought Catalog to help me out abit and I read one that made me smile – a 28 step guide to being a little happier each day. I thought of making my own and sharing it with you :)
1. Put your alarm at least 20 minutes before you initially have to wake up to give yourself time for your morning routine before you start your day. I noticed that whenever I rush myself in the morning, I only feel like I’ve started it 3 or 4 hours later. That my first three are spent on zombie mode which feels like torture. I’m sure this doesn’t only happen to me :)
2. Say little prayer before anything.
3. Learn the magic of drinking a glass of water right when you wake up and a cup of coffee before stepping out the door. My mom might get at me for spreading the news about coffee since she blames my stomach acidity to it but it’ll instantly put you in a better mood whether you’re a morning person or not.
4. Greet the people around you good morning. Since when did people stop doing this? Why are only guards doing this nowadays? haha This will surely make someone else smile and doing so will make your heart feel lighter as you start your day.
5. Make a to do list the night before but keep it at 5 at max. Im sure I’m not the only one in the world who gets bothered whenever I feel like I’ve missed out on something but keeping it at 5 will help you do things at a momentum and not stress you out.
6. Create a playlist that will make you dance and automatically release seratonin to listen to while stuck in traffic. That’s probably the number one mood destroyer for anyone and this is something that we cannot control so might as well dance when it rains (…cars? haha)!
7. Indulge on a snack that you’re craving for. I personally think that when we deprive ourselves of what we’re craving for like chips and sweets, thats when we sin on our diet all the more. Our minds will always bug us about it and instead of having a few bites of what we want exactly, we eat all of these “healthy” foods but then eventually give in to the craving.
8. Try to learn something new from every new person you meet. Learning about the real things comes from this trick.
9. Open a savings account and put 1/4 of what you earn there every month BUT don’t get an atm card attached to it. It usually takes so much effort and hassle to withdraw from the bank (plus you have to pay a fee) so it’ll make you think twice if you really want to buy that thing you think you need even when you really don’t.
10. Learn to go on dates with yourself. When you find out that you’re not bored just by being with your own thoughts and body, you’ll realize why you’re dateable. In turn, you’ll give an aura that you are to other people… like they say, “you have to learn to love yourself first before expecting someone else to.”
11. Buy yourself a nice pair of lingerie for you and wear it on that me, myself and I date. You’ll feel more confident in your own skin.
12. Spend that xx amount of money to pamper yourself every other week. Whether it may be a foot spa, a meal at the new restaurant you’ve been wanting to try, a new book, a haircut, whatever you think it means to :)
13. Whenever you feel bad or something bothers you, pray then think “will this matter next week? How bout next month? Or next year?” it may just be you overthinking.
14. Learn that most of the time, it’s just us complicating things. It’s always really simple.
15. Look for something you love doing and do it as much as your time permits it. Not everyone’s blessed to have a job they’re happy about so might as well have a hobby you do. You’ll feel less miserable about the first :)
16. Learn a random fact about the world everyday. Nourish your mind. There are so much apps that alerts us for these things so no excuses!
17. Sleep as early as possible. Ofcourse do what you have to do but turn off that TV, put down that book or put your cellphone away, your tomorrow self will thank you :) Plus no eye bags!
18. Smile. I’ve read once that research says it’s all you have to do for your mind to follow :)
One piece from CESA, Sunglasses from Celinè