Hi I’m Vern and I’m a coffee addict. I clearly remember that exact moment that made me hooked on coffee. I was in Starbucks right beside my university finishing my last few requirements for the hardest subject of my student life and it was my 3rd day ordering the same drink – a grande Americano with less ice. I remember sitting in a seat just right infront of the counter and just by the stairs at 8 am sharp with my bestfriend and we would type papers away on our laptops while taking sips of coffee in between. I did that for 4 days straight then I graduated from college. I feel like I owe coffee so much for that. Anyone taking up International law under Dr Robles in De La Salle University would know just how gruelling it is to finish his subject, more so with flying colors. His weekly papers made me die but coffee gave me an easier time. His readings made me lose sleep but coffee was there to help me through it. That’s my story on how I became a coffee addict and now it’s time for me to tell you why I think it’s official! lol
I’ve always dreamed of owning a cafè. That’s how much of a coffee addict I am. After spending so much time in them working on deadlines and closing deals with clients, I’ve always thought how lovely it would be to own one. I don’t know just one of my weird little dreams! hahaha! I’ve always told Ben this so when he was offered by one of his friends if we both wanted to join, I said YES RIGHT AWAY! NO HESITATION. My dream was finally coming true!!! After just a few months of planning, we’ve finally opened a small specialty cafè in Cebu! I’m so excited to share how it looks like and 5 reasons why you should visit :)
1. We serve the best coffee in Cebu. Nope, I’m not biased. lol One of my partners Cath is the ultimate coffee addict. She loves it so much that she knows even the technical part of it. If you ask her about coffee, you would think that she’s a witch and you’re this muggle who knows zero about the magical world of coffee. She made sure that we only serve coffee made from fresh single origin specialty coffee beans and we source them straight out of the farms. We have our own roastery and we make sure to segregate defective beans before roasting them so you’re sure that you’re served only the better coffee. Our baristas are trained too and know how to concoct drinks to your liking :)
2. We serve healthy coffee. I’ve mentioned my problems with acidity before and how it has taken over my life. The main cause of my GERD is bad coffee and I actually learned from Cath that if a cup makes you palpitate, it means that the cafè you ordered it from is using a batch of old beans. We at Drip and Draft make sure to use a method to cancel this out and I have drank our coffee again and again and I assure you that you will only be served healthy coffee :) Try our Cold Brew too! It’s 70% less acidic than regular ones plus it’s strong so you don’t need to drink much! :)
3. You get best of both worlds because not only do we serve specialty coffee, we serve craft beers too! We have curated and selected craft beers that we serve on tap that would cater to every taste out there. While I’m not a big beer drinker (Ben is that’s why this business is perfect for us!), I know that we have from dark to light and we are even the first ones in Cebu to serve Engkanto!
4. We have a million sockets and really fast internet. Aside from good coffee, these are the two things I look for when deciding on what cafè to stay in so I know how important this is to many. My one request while it was still on it’s planning stages was that the place had to be filled with sockets and it is! I checked! hehe We just recently installed our fibre internet and our download speed is 92 mpbs and 91 for upload :)
5. Visit it For ME????? It would mean the world to me and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed! :P This is me saying please with my hands put together and I’m batting my eyelashes. hehe
Hope you could tag dripandraft on Instagram and Facebook when you do!
Drip and Draft is located at Streetscape Mall, Banilad, Cebu City.